Swimming-specific strength training gives competitive swimmers an edge. By strategically incorporating strength training into the swimming routine, better and quicker improvement can be expected.
In order to enhance your performance, swimming alone is not enough. An effective strength training is crucial if you want to improve your swimming times. This book shows you what types of strength training benefit swimming and how to develop a winning routine. It includes swimspecific strength-training and lots of sample workouts.
- Types of strength training that benefit swimmers
- How to develop force, power, explosiveness and stability
- What makes strength training count - including transferability, adaptation, orientation, variation, over-training, season planning
- Using muscles to move and stabilize
- Linking muscle movement
- Stages of development
Special section with:
- Strength training routines for all levels
- Strength training circuits for all levels
- Shoulder maintenance routine